As soon as you find out you’re going to be a mom, you’ll find yourself Googling the hours away, searching for registry items. The search for these lists of go-to items can be extremely overwhelming, so I wanted to compile this updated baby registry list with everything you can imagine that I love and use. These items are what have worked best for us so far – so hopefully it’s helpful for all the soon-to-be mama’s out there, too!
Since this list was compiled while I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant with baby girl #2, I included all of the new things I am adding to prepare us for two children. That being said, some of these items won’t be necessary for those expecting their first child, but it’s something you can refer back to as your family grows! I will continue to update any items that I find I do not like, change, or add.
Gear and Play Items
Read my car seat/stroller review for more details on why I love the car seat/stroller items below.
- Doona Infant Carseat/Stroller
- Nuna Rava Convertible Carseat– a convertible car seat isn’t something you’d necessarily register for, but when baby grows out of his/her infant car seat, you’ll need one. For Temple’s first birthday, we bought the Nuna Rava, and we love it! It’s sleek, easy to install, and she can rear face up to 50 lbs, which are super safe! Most importantly, it has excellent safety ratings.
- Graco 3-In-One Slim Fit: This is a great convertible car seat for those on a budget, perfect for those with smaller cars (it’s a bit slimmer), and has incredible safety ratings, too! We bought this for our part-time nanny. When we travel, we will either rent one or take this and check it. That way, I’m not risking my fancier Nuna Rava getting banged up on the flight.
- Carseat Misc. Accessories:
- Uppa Baby Vista Stroller- I 100% recommend you get the “Vista” over the “Cruz” if you plan to have more than one kid. This one can easily adjust and add another seat for second baby. I have the ‘Henry‘ color.
- Below are all the accessories for the Uppa Vista Stroller:
- Bassinet– we honestly didn’t use ours much but I know some people love it for walks when baby is little.
- Cup Holder
- Bassinet Stand- I also saw that you could also buy the bassinet stand for naps at friends or to use in those early months when baby sleeps in your room. We didn’t have this, but it would be an good option for those wanting to save space and not buy a separate bassinet.
- Snack and Drink Tray
- Storage Organizer – a must for mama to store things!
- Infant Insert– this is for when babies are younger. You connect it into the seat so they can comfortably fit!
- Rumble Seat– it comes with one but we purchased an additional seat for baby sister.
- Fan– we use this for our jogging stroller too.
- Piggy Back Ride Along Board– this is great for when you have three kiddos or if your older one likes to stand instead of sit in the seat. We have this for my oldest when she doesn’t want to sit in her seat.
- Travel Bag- only necessary if you plan to check your Uppa Vista stroller when traveling. We travel with our umbrella stroller, so this isn’t something we have at this point.
- Umbrella Stroller–
- An Umbrella stroller is not a completely necessary purchase, but you can easily buy a cheap one for quick errands when you don’t want to pack your big stroller in the car. An umbrella stroller is also great for travel. We have the GB Pocket, and it seriously folds up so small! The GB Pocket is ideal for traveling since it can fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane. It also folds into a backpack so you can easily carry it through the airport. The seat reclines, and it is SPF+50 with a sun canopy. Again, ideal for traveling or quick errands.
- If it were a trip where I knew Temple would be in her stroller a lot (ex: Disneyland), then I would check my Uppa Vista Stroller so that she had more space, and I have storage underneath. But, for trips where we won’t be walking a ton, an umbrella stroller is perfect!
- I’ve also heard great things about this umbrella stroller from my cousin for when you have more than one kiddo for every day quick errands. You can add a piggyback seat to back for your older child to ride along.
- Double Umbrella Stroller–
A jogging stroller is something that may or may not be necessary for you. We leave our jogging stroller at home and use it for walks and runs around the neighborhood. I could use my Uppa Vista for walks, but the tires aren’t ideal for running around on those sometimes bumpy sidewalks. If you plan on doing lots of walks/runs at home, or if you go on more rugged terrain, then a jogging stroller would be a smart addition to your registry or a good purchase to make once the baby gets a little older (around 6months.)
- BOB Revolution Flex
- Thule Urban Glide 2 Double Stroller– I plan to buy this when baby girl #2 is a little bigger so we can go on walks and runs around the neighborhood with both girls.
- Nuna Sena
- I’ve also heard great things about the Guava Lotus Travel Crib, so you may want to consider that one.
- Oxo Tot Sprout High Chair- I stopped using it after my daughter turned around 14-months and moved to a booster seat at the table. The Sprout high chair is super easy to clean!
- Inglesina Table Chair– I LOVE this thing and recommend it to everyone. We took it everywhere when eating out the first year. It’s also great to bring when staying with family. It keeps baby supported when they are still a bit small. I found high chairs at restaurants weren’t the right size until after a year of age. You could wait to purchase this when baby begins eating but might as well see if someone will buy it off your registry hehe!
- I sometimes wish I would have gotten the Stokke Trip Trapp because it’s gorgeous, and I’ve heard great things. The only complaint I’ve noticed is that cleaning the fabric can be difficult, and it needs to be washed regularly.
- If you want a less expensive option, then I recommend the Ikea Antilop one, but I know some people complain that it doesn’t have a footrest. I’ve seen lots of moms add a strap for their littles to rest their feet.
- I am so glad I purchased the Gathre Mini Mat. Food wipes right off, and they are beautiful! Some sort of mat under your high chair is must IMO. I also use this mat for picnics or when outside and you want your baby to lay on it.
Jumpers/Seats/Rockers/Play Mats/Activity Gyms:
- Baby Rocker Levo
- Snuggle Me Organic Lounger – a must in newborn stage to take naps in different rooms.
- Fisher Price Step N’ Play Activity– I had this for Temple, and she loved it. Not the most gorgeous but fun!
- Fisher Price Kick n’ Play Piano Gym– Both girls loved this for tummy time!
- Ruggish Playmat– this is amazing and nontoxic! I love that I can move it from room to room.
- Joovy Spoon Walker
- Paxton Swivel Glider and Recliner
- Sheepskin Stool– we use this as our footrest in her nursery when we don’t want to recline the glider.
- *For more details on our nursery decor, check out this post!
- Oeuf Merlin Changing Tray with Pad
- Waterproof Changing Pad Liners
- I recommend you have 2-3 covers so that you have one on back up when they get dirty.
Changing Pad for On-The-Go:
- Gathre Micro Mat- I keep this in my diaper bag and love it.
- there are tons of wipe options, but I usually buy the ones below.
- Kinder By Nature
- Honest Wipes
- Water Wipes
- Oxo Tot Wipe Dispenser: this was something I bought when Temple was over a year and wished I had from the beginning. It makes it easier to grab wipes out and keeps them fresh. I don’t think wipe warmers are necessary and cause your little to become accustomed to the warmth, so then they get very upset when changing on-the-go.
- Fawn Design– I’ve used this for over two years with my firstborn and have zero complaints!
- Dagne Dover Indi Diaper Backpack in ‘Dune’ color- I wanted to change it up for my second child and absolutely love it. It’s more comfortable than the Fawn Design bag and holds more. My husband prefers this one as well.
Body Lotions/Diaper Cream:
- Jojoba Oil- I typically use this on my body and my kid’s bodies (or coconut oil- linked below) as their nightly lotion!
- Coconut Oil– I use this on her diaper rash typically. You can use it all over body!
- Aleavia Restore Soothing Mist– I spray this on their bums when they have diaper rash to any cuts/sores.
- Kosmotology Lotion Bar– I especially love this for travel for the whole family to use and perfect for babies that can’t sit still while you try to apply lotion.
- Honest Diaper Rash Cream– for the really bad diaper rash. I use the applicator below when applying.
- Baby Bum Diaper Balm Applicator– so worth the purchase because the severe diaper rash cream tends to be sticky. You are doing a ton of diaper changes, so this applicator is necessary for the severe diaper rash!
Rolling Storage Holder:
- Rolling Storage Cart– This is a must to store your diapers, creams, humidifier, etc! I know they sell some at Container Store in multiple colors and sizes!
check out My Guide to Breastfeeding for more tips, recipes, and products that may help you!
- Spectra 2– I used this for my firstborn, Temple, and it worked well!
- Medela Symphony– If you are serious about a super legit breast pump, then I’ve heard this one is the best of the best- it’s hospital grade.
- Meleda Manual Hand Pump– I use this on car rides or when I needed a quick release while out and about.
- Haaka Manual Breast Pump Milk Saver- You put it on the breast you aren’t nursing from, and it catches all the extra milk that leaks. It’s crazy how much milk you end up getting this way.
- Pumping Hands Free Bra
- Green Sprouts Organic Muslin Bibs
- Oxo Tot Waterproof Bib- my absolute favorite to roll up and throw in a diaper bag. I love how it catches extra food, so we make less of a mess when eating out.
- Copper Pearl Bandana Bibs– I liked to use these when out and about and wanting a more stylish bib. 🙂
- Gathre Bib
- Mushie and Co Bibs
- Nuby Bibs
- Comotomo Baby Bottles– make sure to start with the ‘slow-flow,’ so you don’t cause nipple confusion. These worked great for us.
- Kiindle Kozii Bottle Warmer (you can heat glass bottles directly in here!)
- Green Sprouts Organic Muslin cloths. These are the absolute best. I always recommend getting longer burp clothes so that they don’t slide off your shoulder as easily!
- Kiindle Twist Pouches– this is what I store my breastmilk in.
- Skip Hop Breastmilk cooler
- Freezer Holder –we kept our breastmilk bags in these containers in the freezer. They fit perfect and help the breastmilk freeze evenly in the bags.
Organic Breastfeeding Supplements:
- I highly recommend Legendary Milk. They use only 100% organic ingredients, and I have seen a significant improvement in my supply since taking them. They have several blends to choose from, so make sure to do your research to find what’s best for you. I take Liquid Gold and Pump Princess when BFing. BONUS- I have a discount code for 15% off!! Use code MADA15 at checkout for 15% off any items.
Misc: Nursing items:
- Nursing App to track feedings- It’s called Baby Tracker in the app store. Perfect for tracking diapers, nursing, and sleep schedule.
- Organic Nipple Butter
- Booby Tubes– warm or freeze for breast relief.
- I love this hydro flask water bottle– it helps me drink way more water with the straw, and trust me, you will be sooo thirsty when BFing.
- Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather
- Keter Bath Seat– you wouldn’t want to use this until baby can sit up on their own. Note: when you order from their site, expect it to take a while to ship- for some reason, it takes a long time, but we love ours. I’ve also heard great things about this bath seat.
- When baby can walk, then you may be ready for just using a bath mat. We have this one and love it.
Body Wash/Shampoo/Bubble Bath:
- Aleavia Body Wash- the only body wash my hubby, and I use! There are only seven ingredients, and it’s the best! We love using this on Temple. It’s an excellent option for the whole family! Side Note- I even use this as my shaving cream.
- Earth Mama Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Babo Botanicals Shampoo & Wash – great for cradle cap, eczema, and sensitive skin.
- Honest Bubble Bath
- Babo Botanicals Bubble Bath and Shampoo
- Skip Hop Bath Water Rinser
- Bath Kneeler
- Puj Spout Cover
- Bath Toy Organizer– I just ordered this one, so I’ll report back on how it sticks to the wall.
- Duck Toy
- Green Toys Tugboat
- Green Toys Stacking Cups
- Jungle Bath Squarties Set
- this is something I love to sit on while bathing kids. They make a great gift since they are custom with their names!
- Custom Name Stool
Bath Towels and Washcloths:
- I always recommend looking for cotton and organic.
- Burts Bees Baby Hooded Towels
- Coyuchi Organic Towels in ‘Alpine White’– I just ordered these for the girls Jack N’ Jill bathroom.
- Burts Bees Organic Cotton Washcloths
Check out Temple’s Nursery Post to see all of our decor details such as a dresser, rug, etc.!
- I mentioned some of these at the beginning of the post, but here they are again!
- Snuggle Me Organic Lounger- we absolutely love this lounger.
- Baby Rocker Levo
- the list at the bottom has some website I love but here are a few favorites
- Lewis Home Organic Crib Sheet
- Little Unicorn Crib Sheets
- Paxton Swivel Glider and Recliner
- Sheepskin Stool– we use this as our footrest in her nursery when we don’t want to recline the glider.
- I used Jessica from Sleep Happy and have had a wonderful experience! Reference my name, and you will receive a discount on her services.
Clothing/Toys: Below is the websites and brands I often buy for apparel. I try to buy organic when possible. I recommend registering for onesies that zip up because the button ones can be a bit annoying those first few months when you are continually changing their outfits due to spit-ups, etc. For toys, I have been trying to minimize and mainly buy nontoxic and wood toys. My daughter goes to a Montessori Academy, so I’ve learned that having too many toys can overwhelming, and sometimes less is more! Also, it looks much nicer in the playroom when it’s more simplistic and not full of a ton of plastic toys.
- Touched by Nature Organic Socks
- Little Sleepies
- Loulou and Company
- Quincy Mae Organic Baby
- Zara Kids
- Burt’s Bees Organic Baby Clothing
- Kyte Baby
- Kickee Pants
- Finn & Emma Organic-Baby Clothes & Toys
- Spearmint Baby
- The Tot
- Monti Kids
- Monica and Andy
- Alexa James Baby
- Little One Shop
- Baby Bliss
- Gap Kids
- Rylee and Cru
- Ollie Swaddle-
- Woolino Sleep Sack- this is something your LO probably won’t need until they are ready for their arms free. We used this when Temple was around 4-months up until about 18-months!
- Baby Bjorn Multi-Position Mini Baby Carrier– absolute favorite carrier
- Solly Baby Wrap
- Sakura Bloom Scout
- Rhoost Natural Bamboo Wooden Hair Brush
- Nail Trimmer
- Nose Frida Snotsucker
- OogieBear– great to scrape out the boogers that are stuck in their little noses.
- Nest Camera. We also have this simple sound monitor so that when I hear baby cry, I can open the Nest app to check on her visually. You can technically leave the Nest app open all night on an iPad, phone, etc. (and not purchase a sound monitor), but I don’t really like it streaming all night.
Heart Rate Monitors:
- Owlet Smart Sock: This is something that I like to use those first months for peace of mind.
- We have the Alen Breath Smart 45i Air Filter in our kid’s rooms and love them!
- We use the SoWell Himalayan Salt Lamp as our nightlights.
- Braun Ear Thermometer
- OccoBaby oral and Rectal Thermometer– I like this when baby is younger for rectal readings.
- Check out this post for all the cleaning supplies we use in our home. All of them are non-toxic and safe for baby!
- Read my sunscreen blog post for our approach to the sun and other favorites.
- Erbaviva Baby Sunscreen
- Erbaviva Children’s Bug Spray
- Babyganics Natural Bug Spray
- Here are a few diffusers I love. We keep one in pretty much every room of our home! I recommend that whichever you pick for kids’ room has a run time option so that you can choose how long you’d like it to diffuse at a time.
- Vitruvi Stone Diffuser
- YL Desert Mist Diffuser
- ZAQ Paradise Glass Diffuser– I use this in our living room cause it can run for a very long time, so it’s ideal for large rooms.
Books I Love for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Etc:
- Gentle Babies Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants and Young Children
- Baby-Led Weaning Guide
- My Childs Health Record Keeper
- Promply Child History Journal
- Ina May Guide to Breadfeeding
- Ina May Guide to Childbirth
- No Bad Kids
- The First Forty Days
- How To Raise Your Child In Spite Of Your Doctor
- The Vaccine Friendly Plan
- Mama Natural Week-By-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Mama Glow
Feeding Items (at 6+M)
These are items that aren’t necessarily a must for your registry, but they are my absolute favorite must-haves when you are starting feeding your child real food at 6+months. I just thought I’d include them for anyone interested in my starter feeding favorites!
- Oxo Tot Sprout High Chair- I included the other options above but linked the one we have.
- Inglesina Table Chair– I LOVE this thing and recommend it to everyone. We took it everywhere when eating out the first year. It’s also great to bring when staying with family. It keeps baby supported when they are still a bit small. I found high chairs at restaurants weren’t the right size until after a year of age.
- Gathre High Chair Mat
- Avanchy Bamboo Bowl with Silicone Suction
- EZPZ Mini Bowl
- Gootensils– I love that these have a grip, so the foods stay on them super well.
- Tiny Spoon
- Tiny Cup– This is pretty much a small little shot glass! I believe in starting with an open cup from the very start. WHY? Promotes proper oral motor skills, and it is easier to transition off the bottle down the road! We never did any sippy cups. Practice with 1-2oz. Of water/day, and look for cups with soft rim and small size!
OTHER MISC. FAVORITES FOR NEW EATERS:
- Silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray
- Oxo Tot Glass Storage
- Frozen Pop Tray
- Glass Meal Containers
- Steamer Basket
- Green Sprouts Glass Cubes
- Green Sprouts Baby Food Freezer Trays
- could be a fun gift for a new mama!
- Feeding Littles Course: Infant Feeding The Baby Led Weaning Way
Would love if you commented some of your favorites! XOXO!