These breakfast burritos are the perfect meal to prep and have ready-to-go for breakfast or lunch. You could also make them into tacos if you prefer that over rolling into a burrito. You can double the sweet potatoes blend portion of the directions and make that ahead of time then use it for meals throughout the week. I love using Siete Almond Flour tortillas, but they sometimes break apart. This doesn’t bother me, but just a warning! I mention below, but always microwave them for a little before so that they rollup without tearing.
I’ve linked the new glass storage containers I bought and love for meal prep- image below. As you can see, Pickle wanted a bite. As always, my meals are meant to be easy and tasty for the whole family. I hope you enjoy it!
Egg & Pesto Sweet Potato Burritos
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp store-bought pesto
- 3-4 eggs, whisked
- shredded cheese, desired amount (optional)
- 3 tortillas (I love using Siete almond flour tortillas)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add diced sweet potatoes and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until sweet potatoes are soft and onions are translucent- about 8 minutes. Toss occasionally. Add in your pesto and stir to combine.
- Set sweet potatoes and onion blend aside on a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. You may need to add a tiny bit more olive oil to the pan. Add whisked eggs to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Scramble eggs to liking.
- Turn heat off when eggs are cooked to liking. Now, let's prepare the burritos.
- Microwave your tortillas for about 15-20 seconds to soften them up, which makes them easier to roll!
- Add desired amount of sweet potato blend and the scrambled eggs to the middle of tortillas. Drizzle with a little shredded cheese (this is optional.)
- Roll tortillas and enjoy!