I’ll be honest, I’ve never been one to make egg cups, casseroles or things. It wasn’t until being on whole30 that I was in major need of switching up my breakfast and having something prepped. This breakfast loaf couldn’t be easier and its sot tasty. We ate it up so quickly and Temple loved it too! The pesto adds such a nice flavor- I hope you enjoy!
Ground Pork & Pesto Breakfast Egg LoafWhole30 Easy Breakfast Egg Loaf
- 1 tsbp. olive oil
- 1/3 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 3-4 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. store-bought pesto
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Grease a bread loaf tin (mine was 8-inch x 4-inch tin)
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add your chopped onion and ground pork. Saute and break apart pork with a spoon. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. After about 5 minutes, add your sliced mushrooms (it's okay if pork is still a little pink.) Stir occasionally.
- When pork is no longer pink and cooked through, and mushrooms are soft, add the spinach and pesto. Mix well to combine and turn off heat on the stove.
- Crack 6 eggs in a bowl. Beat thoroughly.
- Pour the meat and veggie mixture into your greased loaf tin.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.