Egg cups are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for the week that your whole family can enjoy. Once you’ve tried these you can have fun with all the different fillings! I love egg cups cause it’s the perfect way to add in some nutrient-packed veggies and protein. Just zap them in the microwave to reheat for about 10 seconds and they’re perfect. You can totally freeze these and they will stay good for about 3-months. They also make the best post-workout healthy snack. You could totally make this Whole30 by using ghee or olive oil instead of butter and omit the cheese! They will still be delicious!
Did y’all know I also have a pesto egg loaf recipe that is SO YUMMY! You could totally make that loaf into muffins, too. Just follow this same cook time below.
Ham and Mushroom Egg Cups
- 1/2 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms (about 2-3 mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup diced ham (about 2 slices of applegate ham)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- shredded cheese (optional- I used shredded mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat butter over medium heat in pan. Once hot, add mushrooms and cook until soft- about 4 minutes. Stir often. Add your clove of minced garlic. Cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add chopped spinach and ham. Cook till spinach wilts- about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, crack 10 eggs. Whisk. Add coconut milk and salt/pepper. stir to combine.
- Stir in the skillet blend.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or use a silicone pan.
- Divide egg mixture between 12 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese on each (optional)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from tins.