A super easy whole30 hash that is packed with flavor. I love serving mine with cauliflower rice and adding a fried egg on top! Makes for the best meal prep for lunches for the week since it keeps well in the fridge. Add your favorite hot sauce on top and enjoy! We even served this to our little girl, Temple (11 months old), and she absolutely loved it!
Whole30 Beef & Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef (I like 80-20%)_
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Add oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add your sweet potato cubes. Cook, occasionally stirring until potatoes are fork tender and golden brown on most sides, about 10-15 minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp. Salt and 1/4 tsp. Pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook (stirring occasionally), until onions are golden brown and red pepper is tender.
- Add your ground beef, zucchini, chili powder, and a little more salt. Break meat apart into bite-size pieces. Cook (stirring often) until brown, about 7-8 minutes. If needed, drain excess fat.
- Mix your sweet potatoes back in and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- Serve with a fried egg on top and a side of sliced avocado!
- I love sauteeing some kale in a little olive oil and lemon juice and serving it with the hash.
- Add your favorite hot sauce on top!
- Serves well with cauliflower rice.
- When I'm not doing a whole30, I love serving the has in Siete Tortillas.